These are uncertain times and all of us must recognize that while we can have a sense
of helplessness at times, there are things each of us can do to help ourselves and our
Below is an initial list of ideas of what we can do. What would you add to the list?
Email me at: Dave.Epp@parl.gc.ca and I will share them.
Taking out ads to share information with you helps support our local papers who are
seeing ads revenues severely drop off, yet are essential to our community’s sense of self.
Here are some basic Safety Precautions to practice during this COVID-19 crisis:
- Practice physical distancing of 2 meters at all times
- Wash your hands often for 20+ seconds with soap and warm water
- Avoid touching your face (mouth, eyes, ears, nose)
- Don’t go out unless you have to
- Please check in on your neighbours
- Buy what you need, but don’t hoard
- Stay up to date daily via government and mainstream media
- Stay in touch with friends who are alone or more isolated
- Are you a business who has an idea which may be helpful? If so, please contact me at Dave.Epp@parl.gc.ca
Here are just some ways you can help take positive action for yourself and community:
- Be kind to each other
- Accept that the coming weeks and months will be very challenging
- Take this opportunity to do things around the house to give you a sense of control
- Treat mental health seriously and partner with others to help keep balance
- Take the time to talk with kids who observe more than we sometimes give them credit for
- Recognize that stress over money and health will be trying on all of us
- Physical distancing will last months so think about working this new reality into your life
- Stay alert to appeals for creative but safe ways you can help others
Fraud Alert! No public health unit or government agency would ever ask you for your social
insurance number or your credit card.